Position: Administration & Event Manager (M / W / D)
The European Quantum Industry Consortium (QuIC) is a pan-European non-profit association dedicated to the advancement of commercial quantum solutions and Europe’s competitiveness in quantum technology on the global stage. Established in 2021 by several major business actors from across Europe, QuIC today regroups over 170 members, including large enterprises, SMEs, investors, and startups. The consortium operates as a collaborative hub, bringing members together to work on subjects of common interest and forging a vibrant, collaborative pan-European quantum ecosystem. Topics addressed by the consortium work groups include law & trade, standardisation of emerging quantum tech, education and professional trainings, market intelligence, and the pan-European industry’s strategic roadmap.
Find out more at: www.euroquic.org.
QuIC is looking for an experienced Administration & Event Manager to join its internal staff on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will support the activities of QuIC within the frame of the European project QUCATS, responsible for the coordination and ongoing activities of the European Quantum Flagship. The Administration & Event Manager will report directly to the Executive Director of QuIC.
Why join QuIC?
QuIC is a young, vibrant, and international organisation dedicated to shaping the future of the quantum industry. You will engage with many of Europe’s leading quantum companies, government officials, and influential stakeholders from around the world. Your work will help carry forward Europe in this cutting-edge technology sector. If you are a self-starter, passionate about the development of new technology and wanting to work with global leaders in an industry of the future, QuIC is the place for you. Join us!
- Organise QuIC meetings, notably the General Assemblies and Governing Board Meetings.
- Lead the organisation meetings: date and venue, meeting agenda.
- Coordinate the development of meeting materials, including slides and other visuals.
- Draft and circulate minutes of meetings.
- Organise QuIC events such as the QuIC Plenary Meeting.
- Support the organisation committee, composed of leading QuIC members.
- Plan venue, catering, transportation, accommodations, and other event essentials.
- Engage with local hosts and service providers.
- Prepare slides and other visual materials.
- Offer on-site support to QuIC members.
- Membership Administration:
- Management and maintenance of the member registry and relevant documents.
- Day-to-day contact with members for administrative purposes.
- Managing new applications for membership, and producing statistics & reports
- Assist Executive Director in administrative and leadership duties:
- Plan and schedule meetings. Support with travel planning and reservations.
- Organise and manage documentation.
- Academic background: university degree.
- Prior work experience (5+ years) involving a combination of the following competence areas:
- Event planning and organisation.
- Internal business reporting and executive assistant duties.
- Start-up mindset: enjoys tackling business needs in adjacent disciplines, able to find innovative
solutions to a variety of challenges.
- Outstanding organisational skills:
- deliver results on quality and cost under strict timelines;
- successfully manage multiple parallel responsibilities;
- able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in an international environment. Preference for
candidates with past international experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Fluent reading, writing, and speaking skills in English. Business proficiency in another European language is a plus.
- Citizen or legal resident with work permit of a Member State of the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom.
Work will be conducted mostly remotely, from a home / mobile office, using digital tools to connect with QuIC members and external collaborators. The selected candidate will also be expected to travel approximately once monthly to attend organised events and other QuIC meetings.
Start Date: 1 September 2023 or earlier
Contract duration: 24-month fixed term contract.
Send your application (resume incl. cover letter) to email@example.com by 23 June 2023.