Position: Quantum Industry Network Manager (M / W / D)
The European Quantum Industry Consortium (QuIC) is a pan-European non-profit association dedicated to the advancement of commercial quantum solutions and Europe’s competitiveness in quantum technology on the global stage. Established in 2021 by several major business actors from across Europe, QuIC today regroups over 175 members, including large enterprises, SMEs, investors, and startups. The consortium operates as a collaborative hub, bringing members together to work on subjects of common interest and forging a vibrant, collaborative pan-European quantum ecosystem. Topics addressed by the consortium work groups include law & trade, standardisation of emerging quantum tech, education and professional trainings, market intelligence, and the pan-European industry’s strategic roadmap.
Find out more at: www.euroquic.org.
QuIC is looking for a Quantum Industry Network Manager to join its internal staff on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will manage the many contributions of QuIC members to collaborative projects, delivering value to the quantum industry and informing national and European strategies on quantum technologies. The person will also increase QuIC’s visibility on the international stage. These tasks will support QuIC’s role in project QUCATS, responsible for the coordination and ongoing activities of the European Quantum Flagship. The Quantum Industry Network Manager will report directly to the Executive Director of QuIC.
Why join QuIC?
QuIC is a young, vibrant, and international organisation dedicated to shaping the future of the quantum industry. You will engage with many of Europe’s leading quantum companies, government officials, and influential stakeholders from around the world. Your work will help carry forward Europe in this cuttingedge technology sector. If you are a self-starter, passionate about the development of new technology and wanting to work with global leaders in an industry of the future, QuIC is the place for you. Join us!
- Direct the activities of QuIC work groups and expert groups:
- Manage the creation and publication of joint reports, statements, and thought pieces.
- Lead the preparation, collection and analysis of data in connection with group activities.
- Lead the QuIC Webinar Series: select topics, recruit speakers, prepare questions, moderate panels.
- QuIC Ambassadorship:
- Represent QuIC at events and cultivate relationships with public officials and others highlevel stakeholders.
- Collaborate with partners on joint projects, draw new contacts for QuIC.
- Present the activities of QuIC to various audiences.
- Academic background: university degree in physics or an engineering discipline, preferably with a focus on quantum science and/or quantum technologies.
- Prior work experience:
- 5 or more years of professional experience in an industry setting with focus on technology.
- At least 3 years of project management and/or coordination experience.
- Strong preference for candidates with industry experience on quantum-related subjects. Past work experience with start-ups is a plus.
- Leadership skills:
- Able to lead and manage large groups in collective undertakings.
- Able to motivate and mobilise a broad array of partners and contributors.
- Able to meet deadlines and deliver quality results in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Start-up mindset: enjoys tackling business needs in adjacent disciplines, able to find innovative solutions to a variety of challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated analytical skills with attention to details. Enjoys working in an international environment. Preference for candidates with past international experience.
- Fluent reading, writing, and speaking skills in English. Business proficiency in another European language is a plus.
- Citizen or legal resident with work permit of a Member State of the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom.
Work will be conducted mostly remotely, from a home / mobile office, using digital tools to connect with QuIC members and external collaborators. The selected candidate will also be expected to travel approximately once monthly to attend organised events and other QuIC meetings.
Start Date: 1 April 2024 or earlier
Contract duration: 24-month fixed term contract.
Send your application (resume incl. cover letter) to email@example.com by 21 January 2024.