PDF Version: QuIC – Comms Administration Specialist
Position: Communications & Administration Specialist (M / W / D)
The European Quantum Industry Consortium (QuIC) is a pan-European non-profit association dedicated to the advancement of commercial quantum solutions and Europe’s competitiveness in quantum technology on the global stage. Established in 2021 by several major business actors from across Europe, QuIC today regroups over 160 members, including large enterprises, SMEs, investors, and startups. The consortium operates as a collaborative hub, bringing members together to work on subjects of common interest and forging a vibrant, collaborative pan-European quantum ecosystem. Topics addressed by the consortium work groups include law & trade, standardisation of emerging quantum tech, education and professional trainings, market intelligence, and the pan-European industry’s strategic roadmap.
Find out more at: www.euroquic.org.
QuIC is looking for a talented Communications & Administration Specialist to join its internal staff on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will support the activities of QuIC within the frame of the European project QUCATS, responsible for the coordination and ongoing activities of the European Quantum Flagship. The Communications & Administration Sepcialist will report directly to the Executive Director of QuIC.
Why join QuIC?
QuIC is a young, vibrant, and international organisation dedicated to shaping the future of the quantum industry. You will engage with many of Europe’s leading quantum companies and some of the world’s most influential quantum stakeholders. Your work will help showcase Europe’s advances in this cutting-edge technology sector. If you are a self-starter, passionate about the development of new technology and tackling a range of challenges with some of the world’s most influential quantum stakeholders, QuIC is the place for you. Join us!
- Lead all communication activities at QuIC:
- Newsletter, website, and social media presence.
- Branding and communication resources (e.g., logos, templates).
- QuIC at conferences: prepare visual materials and coordinate with conference organisers.
- Organise QuIC events, such as the General Assembly and the Governing Board Meetings.
- Plan venue, catering, transportation, and other event essentials.
- Coordinate with local hosts and service providers.
- Offer on-site support to QuIC members.
- Assist Executive Director in administrative and leadership duties:
- Prepare meeting contents and presentations. Record meeting minutes.
- Plan and schedule meetings. Support with travel planning and reservations.
- Organise and manage documentation.
- Academic background: university degree, preferably in communications or other relevant discipline.
- Prior work experience (2+ years) involving two or more of the following competence areas:
- Digital marketing and/or communications: website, social media.
- Communication management: branding, visuals, content development.
- Event planning and organisation.
- Executive assistant duties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with digital design tools and/or knowledge of SEO is a plus.
- Skilled at writing and editing content with an attention to detail.
- Fluent reading, writing, and speaking skills in English. Business proficiency in another European language is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong interpersonal skills, able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and well organised. Strong preference for candidates with international experience.
- Citizen or legal resident with work permit of a Member State of the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom.
Work will be conducted mostly remotely, from a home / mobile office, using digital tools to connect with QuIC members and external collaborators. The selected candidate will also be expected to travel approximately once monthly to meet with QuIC members and other relevant stakeholders, and to carry out work group activities.
Start Date: 1 January 2023 or earlier
Contract duration: 30-month fixed term contract.
Send your application (resume incl. cover letter) to email@example.com by 7 October 2022.